Thursday, February 24, 2011

Update on Meeting George

So Alex came in town the other weekend and lucky for me she is a Republican and loves George (I like to think we are on a first name basis) almost as much as I do. Her mom also dislikes Obama as much as I do so I was in fantastic company. The three of us went out to lunch and decided to drive around University Park because the houses there are HUUUGEEEEEEE and in the prettiest neighborhoods ever. I then went on to say that George lived in the area and we should see if we could find his house. Alex got on her phone and found his address so we put it into the trusty GPS and went on our way. On our drive there I was debating on what I would do if we actually happened to find his house and the obvious answer was to just ring the doorbell and tell him how much I loved him and how much he would love my family (not thinking about the idea that he was the President of the United States and hated by many at that). My thoughts were interrupted by the sudden screech of the brakes and the enormous gate that we were about to turn into. Duh. George lives in a gated community.



Anyone would have known that except for the three of us. I came back and told my parents about how we tried to find his house and before I could even finish they both said, "He lives in a gated community." Honestly how did I not think of that. He was the President, tons of people hate him (how rude!), and there are crazy people like me who think he would really love to be friends with my Dad...of COURSE he lives in a gated community, probably surrounded by body guards. So attempt #1 was a fail...better luck next time...

I did find out that he goes to this church



Looks like I will be paying a couple of visits to that church. He also is said to stop in on some of the Political Science classes at SMU so I may be pretending I am enrolled in some of those classes as well...hopefully I won't get called on.

No comments:

Post a Comment